The theater program at Fresno Pacific is committed to exploring through art what it means to be human. Onstage and off--in the classroom, at rehearsals and during production work--we learn the craft of telling stories dramatically. 像讲故事, we look for the stories that reflect who we are: our passions, 痛苦, 快乐, and diverse perspectives on life and living. As followers of Christ, we seek to tell stories that reflect themes of redemption, 正义, grace and love; themes that address the greater spiritual reality in which we all play a role.
Stories teach us both what is human and what is humane. As we put our theatrical storytelling onstage at Fresno Pacific University, we share our discoveries, 我们直接, with the community that is our audience.
The FPU theater program offers classroom and performance experiences which encourage student growth on multiple levels--artistic, 知识, 物理, social and spiritual. 当我们表演时, audience and study theater, we engage with various voices, cultures and styles of performance. 学生 are active collaborators in the process of making theater.
学生 involved in Fresno Pacific 剧院:
- join an artistic community
- learn multiple aspects of the theatrical process--from performance and design/construction to directing and stage- and house-managing
- pursue vocational and avocational goals through coursework in theater and performance
- gain skills that can be applied to future church and ministry work, 教学, graduate study or conservatory training
- have opportunities to explore related courses in film, media video and audio production and music
学生 share their artistry with the public through the following:
- 秋天 Mainstage Play: A full-length play is produced each semester. The mainstage plays form the core of the Company's production efforts.
- College Hour: 学生 have opportunities on occasion to present dramatic sketches as a part of the weekly campus worship services.
- Studio Performances: In alternating years, Acting and Directing students prepare final scene projects.
- 春天 Mainstage Play
- 春天 Showcase - 学生 showcase their talents through one-acts, scene performances, or musical revues
- Re-enactment Project -- 学生 from the World 剧院 course perform a historical play on the campus green for the community. Past performances include medieval mystery plays, a Spanish auto sacramentale, and 20th century social protest theater from California and Argentina.
- Senior Thesis Performances -- Seniors in the theater major complete their requirements with a self-designed performance.